Monster Energy & American Pharoah
Leverage Agency is the leading patch provider at American Triple Crown horse races.
We brought in two major sponsors for thoroughbred racehorse American Pharoah, two weeks before his historic Triple Crown run at the Belmont Stakes.
- Leverage secured Monster Energy Drink as the first sponsor in a deal which included: branding on trainer/owner jackets, caps and apparel; and American Pharoah’s blanket, gear and barn
- Arranged exclusives with the New York Post and ESPN to break the news – ESPN labeled the deal “one of the largest single-horse sponsorship deals in history.”
- Leverage secured Wheels Up as the second sponsor in a deal which included: logo emblazoned on jockey Victor Espinoza’s pants’ legs; American Pharoah’s owner, Ahmed Zayat, sported a Wheels Up hat during interviews
- Wheels Up co-founder Bill Allard said “… an American Pharoah win today could translate into a “$20 million exposure and marketing opportunity for Wheels Up” (Bloomberg)
- The race, which aired live on NBC, earned the network’s 3rd highest ever rating with millions of viewers tuning in
- Both brand sponsors enjoyed wide-scale media coverage before, during and after race from outlets including: ESPN, Associated Press, Daily Mail, CNBC, USA Today, Boston Globe, Bloomberg, Sports Business Journal, New York Times, Forbes, Fox Business, New York Post, Adweek and Yahoo
- Monster Beverage Signs Record Sponsorship for American Pharoah
- Monster Energy inks deal with Triple Crown hopeful